|Home||» Products||» Raihan Herbal Medicine|
Arabic Name: - Raihan (Tradition)
In Flora Arabica and other scientific literature in Arabic, Raihan has been identified as Ocimum basilicum, a plant highly fragrant. Medicinally, sweet Basil (O. basilicum) is stimulant, styptic, demulcent and carminative. The juice of the leaves when snuffed causes sneezing and clears the brain. It is a remedy for mild nervous or hysterical disorders. Also, helps in stomach ache and skin diseases. The mucilaginous Basil seeds are highly astringent and prescribed in fluxes from the bowel. Also, given in urinary disorders such as gonorrhoea, scanty and scalting urine etc. Raihan roots are the ingredients of balms.
In Arabic Literature, Raihan generally refers to sweet basil. However, it also, means highly odorous perfume of any kind. It also find mention in Sura Raihan of Quran (verse 12) as well as Sura Waqia, verse 89. Detailed account has been given in 'Plants of the Quran'.
The Prophet (swallallaho alaihi wasallam) said, "Whoever is offered sweet basil (Tradition - Raihan) should not refuse it, for it is easy to take and has a pleasant scent. (Narrated Abi Usman; Tirmidhi, Bukhari).
Apostle(swallallaho alaihi wasallam) of Allah said, They (Husain and Hasan) are like sweet basil (Tradition, Raihan) for me in this world". (Narrated Ibn Abi N'am; Bukhari).
Arabic Name: Habb al-Sauda
Other Name: Kalaunji
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœBlack Cumin is the cure for all the diseases except Saam & Ã¢â‚¬ËœSaam is deathÃ¢â‚¬â„¢. (Narrated Abu Huraira; Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn maja, masnad ).
2. The Messenger of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœBlack cumin is the cure for all ailments except deathÃ¢â‚¬â„¢(Tradition; Sam).( Narrated Burka; Masnad Ahmed)
3. Apostle of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬â„¢Make Black cumin obligatory for yourself as it is a cure for every disease except death. ( Narrated Ã¢â‚¬ËœAyesha; Masnad Ahmed; Abdullah bun Ã¢â‚¬ËœUmer; Ibn Maja; Abu Huraira; Tirmidhi).
Arabic Name: Kust
Other Name: Kut, Kushta pachuk
1. The Prophet said ,Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ Be afraid of Allah !why do you pain your children by having their tonsils pressed like that .Use Ã¢â‚¬ËœUd Al-HindiÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ for its cures seven (several) diseases , one of which is pleurisyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢.(Narrated Um Qais when she took her son to the Prophet .He had throat trouble & his palate & tonsils had been pressed . Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Bukhari)
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬â„¢The best medicine you may treat yourselves with are cupping & costus.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢(Tradition, Qust Al-Baheri )(Narrated Anas Bin Malik; BukhariÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Tirmidhi, mawatta Imam Malik)
3. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬â„¢You should not torture your children suffering tonsilitis by pressing the tonsils or the palate with finger, but use Qust Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ.(Narrated Anas bin Malik; Bukhari,Muslim)
Ã‚· TOOTH BRUSH TREE
Arabic Name: Miswak
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœUsing a tooth-stick has 10 benefitsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢.(Narrated Ibn Abbas; Abu Nuaim)
2. When the Prophet got up in the morning, he used to clean his mouth with a twig of Mustard tree.(Tradition-Arak). (NarratedÃ¢â‚¬â„¢Ayesha; Bukhari, Muslim).
3. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœPrayer with miswak is seventy times better than the prayer without it.(Masnad Ahmed)
Arabic Name: Sanna
1. The Prophet said,Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ Senna & Sanut are for you as there is a cure in these two for every disease except Death. (Narrated Ã¢â‚¬ËœAbdullah bin Um-Huzam; Ibn Maja, Ibn Ã¢â‚¬ËœAsakir).
2. About Shibrum Prophet told Asma , Ã¢â‚¬â„¢It is hot ,you have Senna & Sanut . It is medicine for all ailments except death.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢(Narated Asma Bint Ã¢â‚¬ËœAmees; Tirmidhi, Ibn Maja).
3. Apostle of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœIf there is any remedy against death, then it is Senna, the gladdening one, the gentle one.(As-Suyuti).
Arabic Name: Hindiba (Tradition)Shikoria
Other Name: Kasni
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœTake Hindabah but do not wash it.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢(Abu NuÃ¢â‚¬â„¢aim, Dhahbi).
Ã‚· CRESS SEEDS
Arabic Name: Thafa, Hurf, Habb ar-Rishad
Other Name: Halim
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœTwo basic cures (good remedies) Aloe (Tradition-sabir) & Cress (Tradition-Thafa).(Nattated Ibn Abbas, Abu Dawd).
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœYou have cress seed. Allah made it a cure for every ailment.(Narrated Abu Huraira; Abu Dawud).
Arabic Name: Allava
Other Name: Aloe
1 .The Prophet asked Umm Salama, Ã¢â‚¬ËœDo you know, what it is?Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ Umm Salama said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœYes, it is aloes. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœIt brightens the face. Do not apply it during the day Do not use it except during the night.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢(Narrated Umm Salama; Abu Dawud).
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœThese two bitter medicines are so good, Aloes & Cress.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢(Tradition-Sabir ) and cress Tradition-Thafa).Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ (Narrated Ibn Abbas; Abu Dawud).
3. Apostle of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœIn their heaters, Aloes would be burning, thereby providing good aroma.(Narrated Abu Huraira; Bukhari).
Arabic Name: Hulba, Shimlet
Other Name: Methi
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœUse Fenugreek as a remedy.(Narrated Qasim bin Abd al-Rahman; Al-Jauzi).
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœIf my community had known that there is in fenugreek, they would have bought it & paid its weight in goldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢.(
Arabic Name: Butum
Other Name: Mustagi Kabuli
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœIf you do not have the tooth-brush Tree (Twig), use Anam, or BatmÃ¢â‚¬â„¢.(Narated Abi Zaid-Abu Nuaim).
Arabic Name: Marzanjosh
Other Name: Murwa
1. Apostle of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœYou have Marjoram with you. It is very effective medicine for cold.(Narrated Anas bin Malik; Dhahbi, Aljozi, Ibn-al-Sani).
Arabic Name: Waras
Other Name: Warus
1. Apostle of Allah advised the use of Olive oil & Pseudo-Saffron for pleurisy.(Narrated Zaid bin Arqam; Tirmidhi; Ibn maja; masnad Ahmad)
2. Messenger of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“He should not wear a shirt, a turban, trousers, a headcloak or a garment scented with Saffron.(Hadith; Warus).
3. Ladies, after child birth, used to sit in Pseudo- Saffron water for forty days & used to wash their faces with it to remove spots on their faces. (Narrated Umm Salma; Tirmidhi, Baihaqi, Masnad Ahmed).
Arabic Name: Jarjir
Other Name: Taramira
1. Messenger of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ Water-Cress is a painful plant. It seems to have been created fire.(Dhahbi)
2. Prophet of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœWater-Cress is from Habsh. (Presently
Arabic Name: Karafs
Other Name: Shalari
1. Apostle of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœCelery is useful in toothacheÃ¢â‚¬â„¢.(Aljozi).
Arabic Name: Humqa
Other Name: Kulfa
1. Apostle of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœPraise Allah who has created purslane.(Hadith; Baqlat al-Hum qa )As-Suyuti).
Arabic Name: Hanzal
Other Name: Indrayan
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœIt resembles the hypocrite. It has no smell, & tastes bitter.(Muslim,Bukhari).
Arabic Name: Kabur
Other Name: Kabra
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœWhen Paradise smiled, there came Truffles on earth, & when earth smiled, there came capar.(NarratedÃ¢â‚¬â„¢Abdullah bin Ã¢â‚¬ËœAbbas; Al-Jauzi).
Arabic Name: Arz
Other Name: Lebnani Deodar
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœExample of a believer is that of crop which bends under the pressure of winds & afterward straightens, whereas the example of a hypocrite is like cedar, which stands straight till it is uprooted by the winds.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢(Narrated KaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ab bin Malik; Bukhari, Muslim).
Arabic Name: Tarfa
Other Name: Jhau
1. We were with the Prophet during Jihad & we had nothing to eat except the leaves of Tamarisk & Acacia.(Narrated SaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d bin Waqqas; Muslim)
2. We were with the Prophet. With the exception of Tamarisk leaves we had nothing to eat.(Narrated Khalid bin Umer Adwi; Muslim)
Arabic Name: Khardal
Other Name: Rai
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœAnybody having faith as little as Mustard will not go to Hell, & anyone having pride as much as Mustard will not be allowed to enter Paradise.(Narrated Ibn Masud; Muslim)
2. Prophet of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœGod would ask to go & bring out from Hell any person having as little faith as Mustard.(Narrated Anas Bin Malik; Muslim).
Arabic Name: Sanut
Other Name: Dill
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœSenna & Dill r the medicine for u, for there is a cure in these 2 for every disease except death.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢(Narrated Ã¢â‚¬ËœAbdullah bin Juzm; Ibn Majah)
2. The prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœSenna & Dill r d medicine for all diseases.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢(Narrated Abu Ayyub Ansari; Ibn Ã¢â‚¬ËœAsakar).
Arabic Name: Tamtim
Other Name: Tarateraka
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Pomegranate & Sumac r efficacious in cases of bilious diseases.(Narrated Ã¢â‚¬ËœAyesha; Aljouzi).
Arabic Name: Samrah
Other Name: Rush
1. Once we had nothing to eat except the leaves of Hublah & Samrah.(Narrated Saad bin Waqqas; Bukhari, Muslim).
Arabic Name: Narjis
Other Name: Nargis
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬ËœU should take Narcissus bulbs for madnes, leprosy & vitiligo.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢(Suyuti).
Arabic name: Izfar
1. Prophet of Allah advised widows not to use perfume during mourning, but allowed to use Costus or Izfar after menses.(Narrated by Umm Ã¢â‚¬ËœAtiya; Bukhari).
Arabic Name: Urfut
Other Name: Hawthorn
1. I (Saudah) said (to the Prophet), Ã¢â‚¬Å“Have u eaten Mughafir. Ã¢â‚¬Å“No. I have taken honey provided by HafsaÃ¢â‚¬, said the Prophet. I (Saudah) said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“May b that the Honey bees were fed on UrfutÃ¢â‚¬.(Narrated Ã¢â‚¬ËœAyesha; Bukhari; Muslim).
Arabic Name: SaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢dan
1. Messenger of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“There would b several thorns in Hell just like the thorn of
2. Apostle of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“There would b sadan like thorns in hellÃ¢â‚¬. He then asked his companions, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Have u seen sadanÃ¢â‚¬. They said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“YesÃ¢â‚¬.(Narrated Abu Huraira, Muslim, Bukhari)
Ã‚· CURSED TREE Ã¢â‚¬â€œ ZAQQUM
Arabic Name: Zaqqum
1. Prophet Mohammad said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Cursed Tree mentioned in Quran is actually the ZaqqumÃ¢â‚¬. (Narrated Ã¢â‚¬ËœAbdulla bin Ã¢â‚¬ËœAbbas; Bukhari)
1. AllahÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Apostle said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“It is hot. You have Senna & Sanut which r mild & cure every disease except death.(Narrated Umm Salma;
2. Prophet asked me about the laxative I used to take. I told him, Ã¢â‚¬Å“ShibramÃ¢â‚¬. He told me that it is hot. Since then I started using Senna.(Narrated Asma bint Ã¢â‚¬ËœUmees; Ibn Maja)
Arabic Name: Tamar
Other Name: Khajur
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Your women folk should eat dates, for whoever makes dates their food, will produce children with easeÃ¢â‚¬. (As-Suyuti)
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“The best dates are that of al-Burniy which drives out diseases.Ã¢â‚¬ (As-Suyuti)
3. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Take dates early in the morning. It kills worms.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Ã¢â‚¬ËœAbdulla bin Ã¢â‚¬ËœAbbas; Masnad Firdous).
Arabic Name: Zaytun
Other Name: Zaitun
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Use Olive oil & anoint with it, bÃ¢â‚¬â„¢coz it is from a Ã¢â‚¬Ëœblessed treeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢. (Narrated by Ibn Ã¢â‚¬ËœUmer; Al-Bayhaqi).
2. Prophet Mohammad used to praise the cure of Pleurisy through pseudo-saffron & Olive oil.(Narrated Zaid bin Arqam; Tirmidhi).
3. Apostle of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Take Olive oil &anoint. It is sacred & blessed. (Narrated Abu Huraira; ibn Maja, Trimidhi)
Arabic Name: Inab
Other Name: Angur
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Eat currants but spit out the stones Ã¢â‚¬â€œ for the stones there is illness, but in the flesh there is healing.Ã¢â‚¬(Narrated Ibn Ã¢â‚¬ËœAbbas; Suyuti).
2. Prophet used to have currants soaked in water for him & that he used to drink it either on that day or the next or sometime the day after. (Narrated Ã¢â‚¬ËœAbdulla bin Ã¢â‚¬ËœAbbas; Abu Dawud).
Arabic Name: Rumman
Other Name: Anar
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“There is not a pomegranate which does not have a pip from 1 of d pomegranate of d garden in it.Ã¢â‚¬(Narrated Anas bin Malik; Abu Naim).
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Pomegranate & its rind strengthen digestion. (Narrated Ali; Abu nuaim, Aljozi).
Arabic Name: Tin
Other Name: Anjir
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“If u r going to say that any fruit has come from the garden, then truly u should mention fig(tradition-Teen), for it is indeed the fruit of Garden. (Narrated Abu Darda; Suyuti).
2. Apostle of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Eat fig. It helps in piles & also useful in gout.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Abu Dhar Ghaffari; Abu Nuaim).
Arabic Name: Safarjal
Other Name: Bihi
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Eat quince in an empty stomach.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Anas bin malik; As-Suyuti).
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Eat this for truly it softens d heart.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Talha bin Ã¢â‚¬ËœObaidullah; Ibn Majah).
3. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Feed quince to your womenfolk when they r pregnant, for it makes the heart tender & it makes the heart better.Ã¢â‚¬ (As-Suyuti; Ibn Majah; Dhabhi).
Arabic Name: Limun
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“A true believer reading Quran is like citrus fruit which has both good taste & good aroma.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Abu Musa Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ
Ashari; Bukhari; Muslim).
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Citrus fruit is very useful. It is a stimulant & useful 4 d heart.Ã¢â‚¬ (Al-Dilmi).
Arabic Name: Nabaq
Other Name: Ber
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“When Adam was sent down to earth, the 1st fruit that he ate was a Jujube.Ã¢â‚¬(Abu Nuaim).
Arabic Name: Batikh
Other Name: Tarbuz
1. Among the fruits that Prophet liked were grapes & water-melons. (Abu Dawud).
2. I saw apostle of Allah eating water-melon with Dates. (Narrated Anas bin Malik; Tirmidhi).
Arabic Name: Khiyar
Other Name: Kaakdi
1. My mother treated me with all kinds of things & yet I did not pit on any weight so I was given cucumber & unripe dates & I became as plum as was good for me. (Narrated Ayesha; Bukhari, Muslim; Ibn Maja; Nisai).
2. Prophet always liked cucumber.
Arabic Name: Yaqtin
Other Name: Lauki
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Let them Pumpkins, for they stimulate the intellect & the brain.Ã¢â‚¬ (Muslim; Suyuti).
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Add more gourd to the curry. It strengthens the depressed heart.Ã¢â‚¬ (Al-Jauzi).
Arabic Name: Badhinjan
Other Name: Baingan
1. Messenger of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Brinjal is useful, taken for whatever purpose. (Al-Jauzi).
Arabic Name: Silq
Other Name: Chuqandar
1. Prophet advised Ali not to eat Dates as he was convalescing. He advised him by saying, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Eat it bÃ¢â‚¬â„¢coz it would be good for you.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Umm Mandhir; Tirmidhi; Abu Dawud).
Arabic Name: Zanjabil
Other Name: Adrak
1. A Byzantine emperor once sent a jar of ginger to the Prophet who made all of his companions eat a piece of it. (Narrated Abu SaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢id Khudri; Abu Nuim, Suuti).
Ã‚· ONON & GARLIC
Arabic Name: Basal (Onion), Thom (Garlic)
Other Name: Piyaz (Onion), Lasun (Garlic)
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Whoever eats this (at the time of prayer) should not come in the mosques.Ã¢â‚¬
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Treat yourself with garlic as it cures seventy (several) diseases.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Ali; Al Dilmi).
Arabic Name: Hintah
Other Name: Gehun
1. After reaching Madina, Prophet Mohammed never ate full meal of wheat bread for 3 consecutive days. (Narrated Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ Ayesha; Bukhari)
Arabic Name: Uruz
Other Name: Chaval
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Rice has healing powers.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ Ayesha; As-Suyuti).
Arabic Name: Adas
Other Name: Masur
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“eating lentils fill the heart with sympathy & wash eyes with tears & takes away pride. (Bayahaqi).
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Lentil softens the heart.Ã¢â‚¬ (Al-Jouzi).
Arabic Name: Asal
Other Name: Shahad
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“You have two medicines: Honey & Quran. (Narrated Ã¢â‚¬ËœAbdullah bin Masud; Ibn Maja, Mustadrak Hakim).
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“There are three remedies- use of honey, scarification & cauterization. I advised my followers against cautery.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Ibn Ã¢â‚¬Ëœ Abbas; Bukhari, Muslim).
3. The Prophet used to drink honey with water daily in the morning. (Dhahbi)
Arabic Name: Khall
Other Name: Sirkah
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“A household which has vinegar will never suffer from poverty.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Umm Hani; Tirmidhi, Baihaqi)
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Vinegar is a comfort for man.Ã¢â‚¬ (Muslim).
3. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Vinegar is a good curry.Ã¢â‚¬(Narrated Jubir bin Ã¢â‚¬ËœAbdullah; Muslim, Ibn Maja. Narrated Ã¢â‚¬ËœAyesha; Ibn Maja).
Arabic Name: Sharab
Other Name: Sharab
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Every drink which cause intoxication, is forbidden.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Ã¢â‚¬ËœAyesha; Bukhari).
Arabic Name: Murr
Other Name: Murr Makki
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Fumigate your homes with shih, Murr & SaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢atar.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Abdullah bin Jafar; Baihaqi).
Arabic Name: Liban
Other Name: Kundur
1. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Fumigate your homes with Olibanum & Shih.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Abdullah bin Jafar; Baihaqi).
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Fill your homes with smokes of frankincense & Thyme.Ã¢â‚¬(Narrated Anas bin Malik; As-Suyuti).
3. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Use frankincense for it truly fortifies the heart & drives out forgetfulness.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Ali; Suyuti).
Arabic Name: Zafran
Other Name: Kesar
1. A person asked Prophet Mohammed about the proper dress during Haj. He said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“A dress not dyed with Saffron & Pseudo-Saffron. (Narrated ibn Umar; Bukhri).
2. Abdullah bin Umar used to dye his clothes with saffron. When people asked about it, he said that the prophet used to dye with it. (Nasai).
3. The Prophet asked men not to apply saffron. (Narrated Anas bin Malik; Nasai).
Ã‚· CAMEL GRASS
Arabic Name: Idhkhir
Other Name: Rousaghas
1. Apostle of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Do not cut any tree or even a thorn.Ã¢â‚¬ Somebody from Quraish said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Please permit us to cut Camel grass as we use it for our homes & also in graves.Ã¢â‚¬ The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Yes, yes, except Idkhir. (Narrated Abu Huraira; Bukhari , Muslim).
2. Apostle of Allah asked to cover the dead body of martyr MusÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ab bin Umair with cloth & with Idhkhir. (Narrated Khubab; Bukhari).
Ã‚· SWEET FLAG
Arabic Name: Dharira
Other Name: Bach
1. At the time of Haj, I applied dharira on the dress & beard of the Prophet. (Narrated Ayesha; Bukhari; Muslim).
2. Prophet came to me. I had developed a boil in my finger. He asked me Ã¢â‚¬Å“Do you have dharira? I said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“YesÃ¢â‚¬. He told me Ã¢â‚¬Å“Apply dharira on the boil & pray to God.Ã¢â‚¬(Narrated one of ProphetÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s wives; Ibn al-sani, Mustadrak al-Hakim).
Arabic Name: Kafur
Other Name: Kaapur
1. After the death of her daughter, Prophet came & advised us to give bath to her thrice or five times, mix cedar leaves if we wish & then sprinkle camphor. (Narrated Atiya;; Bukhari; Muslim).
Arabic Name: Hinna
Other Name: Hina
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Dye them (legs) with Henna.Ã¢â‚¬(Abu Dawud).
2. Truly the Prophet never suffered from a cut or a thorn in his skin without putting henna on it. (Narrated Umm Salma; Bukhari).
Arabic Name: Hanut
1. There are five traditions on Hanut in Bukhari. All these relate to the application of Hanut on dead bodies after bathing.
Arabic Name: Al-misk
Other Name: Mushk
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Musk is the best perfumeÃ¢â‚¬. (Narrated Abu SaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢id Khudri Muslim; Masnad Ahmad ).
2. I used to apply musk based perfume on the dress material of the Prophet. (Narrated Ayesha; Bukhari, Narrated Abu SaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢id; Nisai, Muslim).
3. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“I saw garlands of stones & the Musk like soil.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Anas bin Malik; Bukhari).
Arabic Name: Anbar
Other Name: Amber
1. The sea washed up a huge fish known as Amber & we fed off it for a fortnight. (Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah; Bukhari; Muslim).
2. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Perfume for the men is the one which has smell but no colour.Ã¢â‚¬ (Narrated Abu Huraira; Nasai).
Arabic Name: Shih
Other Name: Kirmala
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Fumigate your homes with Olibanum & wormwood. (Narrated Abdullah bin Jafar, Baihaqi).
Arabic Name: SaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢tar
Other Name: Ipar
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Fumigate your homes with thymes & Olibanum.Ã¢â‚¬ (Dhahbi, Aljozi).
Arabic Name: Raihan
Other Name: Ban Tulsi
1. The Prophet said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Whoever is offered sweet basil should not refuse it, for it is easy to take & has a pleasant scent. (Narrated Abi Usman; Tirmidhi, Bukhari).
2. Apostle of Allah said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Husain & Hasan are like sweet basil for me in this world. (Narrated Ibn Abi NÃ¢â‚¬â„¢am; Bukhari).